Seven Steps To Build Relationships And Manage Your Brand
1) When initially meeting with people be authentic, genuine, and kind, and make it about them
2) Agree to a communication methodology - for example, is it text, email, IM, or phone calls?
3) How often do they want to communicate?
4) If it's an interview, you should send a thank you note five days after, and not on the same day
5) If somebody misses an external meeting, follow up every five business days
6) After three voicemails and no conversations - thank them for everything and move on, as your time is billable no matter who you are
7) When messaging, focus on their specific problem and nothing else